The Macs

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

girls + griffin weekend

I snuck away for a few days for a girl's weekend. This sweet baby boy came along too. He was so good.

My friend Laura (middle) turned 30 in March and her mom and sister helped make it possible for me and Julie (left) to fly out to Colorado for a long weekend. So nice. Laura and I have been friends since fourth grade. I love spending time with her. I feel so blessed to call these two girls my friends. The weekend was such a treat.

Levi wasn't the only boy around though. Laura's two sweet boys kept Griffin company.

They wished that Julie and I had brought the older boys for them to play with instead...but they were so sweet to Griffin.

And I even got some pictures with my little guy...that never happens! I was noticing in these pictures that our eyes match. We matched with our blue stripes too. :)

(I was going to insert all my Instagram pics here...but I just updated my iPhone and now I can't import my pictures. Ugh. I'm too tired to figure it out now, so I'll add the rest of the pictures in later.) 

It was a great trip full of...two trips to IKEA, shopping, Starbucks, lazy mornings, late nights, roasting marshmallows, lots of catching up, and time with dear friends. It was so fun to travel with Julie. We joked that she was my traveling nanny. She was a fantastic nanny. :) I think I need to take her along every time I travel with kids...wouldn't that be nice! Thank you for the wonderful, long girly weekend, Laura and Julie. You really should move to Kansas, Laura!

photos by Laura...instagram pics (coming soon) by me 

11 Comments:

Blogger Creole Wisdom said...

Now every time I go to Starbuck's I think about how you live so far from one and it truly is a special treat. I'm glad you got your fill :)

What is it about IKEA? I love it there, too. You'll have to post a blog on what treasures you found.

Beautiful photos as always. You look great Jess!

May 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

GREAT pics Jess. Lovely to see you and Julie in the one photo :)

May 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your pics. I think you let a little Levi slip in by accident ;) That's when you know you really have multiple children: when you start mixing up their names!

May 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous EricaG said...

Two trips to IKEA! You lucky gal. :) Looks like a wonderful weekend.

May 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your photos look absolutely beautiful!!! Yes, your eyes & Griffin's eye match pefectly!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful girls weekend. Those are just the best!

May 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous LauraD said...

Jess, the picture of you holding Griffin with your sweet friends is right next to Cora's picture. It is amazing how much Griffin looks like his big sissy, especially in this picture where they are right next to each other. I know that is so bitter sweet for you. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your dear friends!

May 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such fun to 'catch' up with a long time friend. I love the last photo of you and Griffin - beautiful blue eyes - not sure if it's a 'complete' Beverlin thing or not but alot of us have 'beautiful blue eyes' :)
hugs, Sharley

May 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

such great pictures! You girls are all so gorgeous! And oh my, the one picture of Griffin that is next to Cora's picture - WOW!!! I'm so glad you had a great weekend, you deserve it!

May 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't girlfriends the best?! I'm so glad that you were able to get away! That is wonderful!

May 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful, Jess! And I can't even find the right words to describe your handsome little Griffin!

May 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Lawn Care East Providence said...

Great readingg your post

August 27, 2022 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home