The Macs

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

puffs

Can you believe how big he looks sitting up in the highchair? Me neither. All of a sudden Griffin is seeming like such a big boy. Keep your eyes on the cute baby...just pretend you don't notice the very dirty floor. It looks like I should add sweeping to my to-do list tomorrow.

All of the kids have had sweet potato puffs for their first finger food. Cora loved these things. She went through many, many cans. It was awhile before we let her have Cheerios. I was a first time mom and was so worried about her choking. I'm pretty sure that Levi only got one can of sweet potato puffs and then it was straight to Cheerios for him. He ate tons of Cheerios...and they were much cheaper.

We will see how long Griffin gets the special puffs over Cheerios. He sure likes the puffs.

And they keep him busy for a really, really long time...at least a long time for him. Thanks to the puffs I might actually start getting something done around here. Maybe I should start with sweeping. :)

Don't you love how the puffs stick all over their face and hands when they are first learning to eat? So cute. I thought Levi might want to eat Griffin's puffs too, but he informed me that they were baby food and he was a big boy. He told me that big boys eat pizza and apples and ice cream (it's from his I'm a Big Brother book). But the funny thing is that he doesn't even like ice cream! :)

* * * * * 

A few people were asking about the sara + abraham giveaway. I have not been able to come up with a solution to the comments problem...seriously, no one seems to know what to do. Isn't that crazy?! Right now it is looking like I might have to do some major blog changes which will take me a little while. But hopefully in the end I will be able to see all the comments and finally chose the winners. And then I can host more great giveaways too! I am so, so sorry about the LONG wait. Thanks for being patient with me.

21 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I have that exact same high chair waiting to be unpacked in about 9 months time (I'm due to give birth to our 1st baby girl any minute now) and I am so happy I added it to my registery because it looks so gorgeous in your pictures.

April 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Aww! He really is adorable. And, don't worry about the floor. You got two kids, I am the oldest of five. We have got REALLY messy floors!!

April 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

So adorable! My little man is 9 months and really seems to like the Gerber yogurt melts!

P.S. He is my first and I'm terrified to give him cheerios :)

April 19, 2012 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

He is oh so adorable!! We have the exact same I'm a Big Brother book too... I recognized the pizza, apples, and ice cream. =) My littlest man is 7.5 months and I've yet to try puffs. I may have to soon. =)

April 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Floors can wait. If I had waited until my house was clean enough to take pictures when they were little, I would only have a few, instead I have tons of pictures with messy floors and crumbs on a table or toys strewn everywhere.
P.S. What we really think when we see your pictures is, "Oh my, what a beautiful family!"

April 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Miss G said...

Don't worry about the floors. It goes with the territory. My sil told me about brown rice puffs $1 for a huge bag at Wal-mart with the cereal, top shelf at mine. They aren't sweet at all but they're kind of yummy. I'll even pop a handful in my mouth now and then and they still have a puffy kind of consistency. Plus, we were making a recipe that called for panko bread crumbs and I was really avoiding having to go to the store to make dinner so I just crushed those up and it was great! Kelly

April 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Puffs are a love hate thing for me. I love them because they can go with you everywhere, but then they get everywhere. I'm happy when it happens at home, because we have a dog and he likes them too. But in public, it can be a mess.

Griffin is just so cute in that chair and his orange outfit! I love it!

April 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger onlymehere said...

HE does look like such a big boy in that chair! Love the pictures of the puffs all over his face.

April 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Melissa Joy said...

I love your children, Jess. I love that you share them with us here. And I love how I see Cora in her little brothers. It brings joy to my heart.
God bless you today as you tend to your sweet boys and all the other things God has put into your hands.

April 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Allen and Debby Graber said...

We have Puffs and Cheerios in the nursery so I know Griffin loves being there!

April 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Creole Wisdom said...

So, so cute Jess. I love his chubby little hands.

I wanna know how you write so nicely with chalk. I am horrible at it!

April 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

griffin looks just like Cora :)

April 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

What a coincidence! I just gave my 8 month old those same puffs yesterday. She didn't know what to think about them, just stared at one that was stuck to her hand. I put a few in her mouth and she made a face, ha! It takes her a while to get used to new things. I love that high chair! I wish I'd chosen a classic one like that.

April 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

My 11 month old LOVES puffs. We've had some feeding struggles, so it took her awhile to be ready for Cheerios.

April 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger House of Collinsworth said...

I agree with Sarah above...Griffin looks so much like Cora! My 13 month old also LOVES those puffs! They are always stuck all over her hands and face.

April 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

one of my grandbabies is the same age and she has been eating those too.. she loves them and so do I... LOL.

April 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I have been thinking the same thing since he was born...he looks sooo much like his big sister!! He's sooo dang cute!! I love your blog! Love seeing pictures and reading about your 'babies'! Levi looks like such a ham!! Love all his facial expressions, too!!

April 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is just adorable! He looks so much like Joel!

April 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I can't even handle HOW CUTE THEY ARE! :) When did Levi start riding the 4 wheeler...is it electronic?

April 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Tara Long said...

I just can't stop thinking how cute your boys are every time I see their pictures. They are Adorable!!
And by the way...I did only notice that cute baby until you pointed out the floor...then I had to go back and see if it WAS dirty. But then I saw a few crumbs and thought, oh good...I'm not the only one who has crumbs on the floors sometimes! Lol.

Thank you!

April 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Such cute pictures!
Don't worry, girl, my floors look the same way. It's a full-time job keeping them clean!

April 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home