The Macs

Thursday, April 12, 2012

easter {2012}

Easter {2012}

I love Easter and all that it means for us as Christians. Seriously, how awesome is it to have a day to celebrate Jesus and the hope that we have in Him...something that we should be celebrating every day.

 But even on a day full of such hope, I can't help but think about my baby girl and miss her like crazy. There is something about seeing all those adorable little girls in their Easter dresses that pulls at my heart strings. As I was looking through these pictures I was thinking about Cora's first Easter. She had an adorable little navy blue floral Easter dress...one of my favorite dresses of hers. She would have fit just perfectly into our family picture with her navy blue.

 We tried to get a brother picture.

 It wasn't very successful.

 Levi would hold Griffin for about one second and then let go.

 They sure are cute though...and they love each other so very much.

 And then we tried to get all the cousins. Levi would not look up at the camera.

 And when Griffin started screaming he just got up, patted him on the head, and walked away. Nice.

 Gramps and Grammy intervened...but my children still didn't cooperate. Oh well.

 Levi went on his first egg hunt this year too.

 We forgot his Easter basket at home so Levi and Dad ran to Walmart to get something for him to collect his eggs in. They came back with a pink camo bucket. I think he wore it well. :)

 Levi was super excited about his candy.

 He opened his eggs as fast as he could. I think even his Gramps was helping him shovel candy into his mouth.

 Ellie tried to get the boys to pose for a picture but they were too busy opening their eggs.

 I'm pretty sure he would have never stopped eating.

 Amazingly, he hasn't cared about his Easter candy too much this week...which means more for Mom and Dad to enjoy!

And that was our Easter.

16 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Too cute! I love seeing your boys together! We have 4 kids our big 2 are 13 and 10 and then we have a huge gap...with mateo 15months and baby #4 in the tummy baking. But we just found out its going to be another boy so to see Levi and Griffin is soooo cute especially because they are going to be the exact age gap as our 2 youngest! :) Im a lil scared but excited!

April 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love the pictures. The boys looked super cute in their outfits. The screaming in the cousins picture just makes it all more memorable. You should see our family picture attempt. Our youngest refused to look at the camera! Glad you had a nice Easter!

Sarah @ This Farm Family's Life

April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger onlymehere said...

One of my favorite pictures of my kids is when we were trying for a "special" photo and Travis was just doing his own thing! It makes me smile every time I look at it because it's just the kind of kid he is, doing his own thing no matter what anyone else does! I hope you cherish these pictures and smile when you see them forever!

April 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Kelly @ LifeInTheKlaasLane said...

The pictures of the two boys are too cute. They almost look the same size!

April 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

That is too cute! Levi seems like a typical little boy. Can't stand the camera, loves candy, and is a good big brother. :)

April 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Auntie EM said...

So sweet....those children are all so adorable. My grandson Braxton is two next month so I saw some of the same things: eating candy as soon as the egg was found, running around to find more, loving the bubble machine his parents gave him, looking so cute in his cute clothes. Whew!! It made Grandma tired but it was a beautiful, joyful, poignant day for me and it looks like it was for your family too. I'm glad you have all those wonderful memories of your daughter. She is proud of her parents and her brothers.

April 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Those are some of the sweetest looking babies I've ever seen :) You are such a beautiful family!!

April 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

I love the Gramps and Grammy photo. I laughed. Isn't it wonderful when photos reflect the personality of our little folk. Particularly when all we parents want is ONE nice photo of everyone sitting up, facing the front and smiling?

Love, love, love the photos Jess. Beautiful!

April 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

Your sweet family is just lovely. I always enjoy your posts. We, too, have two little boys. Our youngest will be two the end of this month, and our oldest will be four the end of May. This Easter was the first family pic we've ever taken where everyone was looking the same direction... it will get easier! :)

I'm sure your heart still aches for sweet Cora, and how you must long for her at special family holidays, esp. I am thankful for Easter and what it means. The HOPE that it provides is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your family. :)

April 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Rob and Andrea said...

Sweet, sweet boys Jess! Happy Easter to your family! FYI ~ Your boys made Facebook today! I "Like" a FB page called "I <3 Being a Mom" and saw a picture posted of your two sweethearts in their Halloween costumes this year. I am guessing the photo came from Pinterest or maybe your blog?! Regardless, I recognized their adorable faces immediately as belonging to Levi and Griffin!

April 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

In the first "brother picture" I think Griffin looks a lot like Cora!!! Precious pictures...

April 13, 2012 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger L ~ S said...

I just love Griffin's tummy in the pic! Cute pictures and I like the matchiness. I wanted to do that this year, but it seemed too cold to wear 'Easter' clothes...Thanks for sharing about your day!

April 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

So cute! I have to tell ya that I have been following you since things happened with Cora and I can't tell you how much I have loved getting to know your beautiful family. Easter is one of my very favorite holidays. I love everything it represents and the peace that it offers if we just pay attention.

As a side note, I look on pinterest every once in awhile and the last few times it seems like I always come across pictures of your boys. You always have the best photo ideas and apparently he world thinks so too because your ideas are pinned all over the place!

April 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I wish I had been as laid back as you are about pictures when my kids were little. I would get SO bent out of shape when I couldn't get the "perfect" shot and just let it ruin my day. I love your "true to life" photos so much.

April 13, 2012 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger It's just Mommer said...

I especially love the last picture of Ellie and Levi, she looks so happy;)

April 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Dana Rae said...

That last picture is so sweet. This was a really sweet post too!

April 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home