The Macs

Thursday, April 5, 2012

easter eggs {our first egg dying experience}

 Levi was super excited about dying eggs. 
This is the first year we have attempted egg dying.

I tried really hard to sneak out and set everything up while he was playing outside...but he caught me. 

 He was pretty patient...for a two year old. 
Except that little hand of his kept sneaking into the egg bowl.

 "My dye this egg, Mama?"

 He only broke a few eggs before we started.
Not bad. 
Griffin would have joined him in stealing eggs but his little hands couldn't reach that far.

 Say cheese, cute little boys.

 It was finally time to start and Levi started grabbing eggs as fast as his little hands could.

 I tried to show him how to drop the eggs carefully but he preferred to throw them in and make a big splash. 
A few more eggs were broken in the process.

 Once he had an egg in each color he got to stir them.

 He stirred and stirred.

 After about ten minutes two seconds he was pretty sure his eggs were done.

 I talked him into stirring a little longer.

 The whole time he kept saying, "Done now, Mama?"

 Griffin was almost as impatient as his brother. 
He wanted to touch everything so badly.
Next year you can help too, baby boy.

We managed to keep the eggs in the cups long enough to get a little color on them.
I think they turned out pretty great.
And Levi was so proud.

24 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey said...

I love this! I can't wait to do this next year with my little boy. He's one right now and in a throwing EVERYTHING phase, so I think I'm going to keep him away from eggs a little longer :) Your boys are precious!

April 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

That's awesome! I think they turned out great too! I can't wait to do this with my little boy next year (he's 9 months old right now..). Fantastic photos as always! xoxo

April 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Gorgeous pics. Well done SuperMum for making it happen. In my 8 years of parenting egg dying/blowing/painting/anything is yet to happen :(

April 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Broken eggs = Dinosaur eggs!!


http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/dinosaur-eggs/

April 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Melanie Martini said...

So fun! You are such a good Momma, Jess. Love your boys....love your family! Happy Easter. :-)

April 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

oh my word! that pic where you said "smile, cute little boys!" - they ARE so cute!!

April 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Beth Ann said...

Awesome photos...adorable boys...and pretty eggs! :)

April 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

That is fantastic! What a lovely idea! I love the look on Griffin's faces. So cute.

Happy Easter.

April 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Levi, you did a GREAT job!

April 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

These pictures are SOOO precious!!

April 6, 2012 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

How fun! I've yet to try this with my boys, but you've inspired me. I'm thinking we'll do it for sure next year when I have a 4 year old and 1.5 year old. That should be really fun! Happy Easter!!

April 6, 2012 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Fun! We colored eggs with our little guy (2 months younger than Levi) last year, and he loved it. I am excited to do it again with him this year. :)

April 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Stacy said...

Your kids are absolutely precious and your photography is fantastic! I love coming by your blog and finding new posts :) Thanks for always being so real! Have a Happy Easter!! :)

April 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome pictures!! When my children were little I always hard boiled the eggs and then dyed them. The next day we had potato salad with the colored eggs. It looked pretty cool and my boys loved it. :)

April 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is adorable!

Great pictures :)

April 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

Such a boy! Actually boys. They are so precious. You are a brave momma to do this such a little guy! Cudos! I'm sure I NEVER did this with boys at such a young age. You are a memory-maker, for sure!

April 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica those boys are such TOOOOOOO adorable. So wish I was close enough to be part of their lives!
Lucas and Rhiana dyed eggs here today. Lucas lost a tooth while eating a meatball sandwich-love it!
love to all
Sharley

April 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Miss G said...

yeah, we broke some eggs too. :) Kelly

April 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM  
Anonymous sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

April 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger onlymehere said...

They look pastel and so pretty. Hope you had a happy Easter!

April 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

love that he calls you mama, so sweet!

April 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

What a wonderful day! I cannot wait until Jackson can dye eggs next year. Wonderful photos as well :)

April 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love these pics! Your lil' men are adorable :) I'm sure they had a great Easter.

April 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Griffin looks adorable!

April 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home