The Macs

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

griffin {seven months}


Dear Griffin,

Month seven has been a big turning point around here. I think we are finally figuring each other out...or at least I am finally figuring you out! :) This month has marked big milestones, finally getting on a schedule and more sleep. Yay! 

Sleeping. We are finally doing more of that around here. In fact you have even slept through the night a few nights which has been such a gift to your mama. You are definitely not consistently sleeping through the night, but when you do wake up it is usually only once or twice. I can deal with that. You are also taking more consistent naps. We had to do some sleep training and Levi and I had to plug our ears while you cried yourself to sleep...but everyone is so much happier now! You are taking two naps and the second one even overlaps with your brother's nap...awesome.

Eating. You had a rough start with solids. You refused to eat cereal or vegetables. You wouldn't even open your little mouth. I finally decided to throw in a few fruits and it did the trick. Now you will eat anything and you eat a lot. You definitely let us know when you are hungry. And puffs are your favorite. You get so mad when you realize you have eaten all your puffs and your tray is empty. 

Sitting. You were so wobbly for a long time because you wouldn't sit still. Now you are sitting up like a champ. You love to sit in the living room and play while watching your crazy brother run all around. You also love sitting in the walker. You just started scooting yourself around the house a little. You are sitting up in the bathtub and highchair too.

Teeth. Yep, you have two teeth now. Maybe that had something to do with how cranky you were last month...and maybe how little you were sleeping too??

Waving. One of your first "tricks" was waving. You waved at your cousin Ellie but I thought it was just a fluke. But the next day you waved at your gramps. I can't always get you to wave back, but you are definitely waving!

I am so thankful for the changes this month has brought along with it. Getting more sleep has definitely been a bonus too. But most of all I am just so thankful for you. 

Love, Mama

And we can't forget the monthly picture.


Levi was trying to help me get Griffin to smile. He was doing a pretty good job until Griffin found the 7 month flash card. Then it was all over. He either wanted to be eating the flash card or would roll over to his tummy. Levi even tried to throw in a snake for a little entertainment...he thought it was a great idea.

 He was pretty much done with the photo shoot here...and then the fun began.

 Levi loves to play with Griffin in his crib. Usually he attempts some type of wrestling so close adult supervision is definitely required.

 You would think Griffin would not like to be mauled by his brother...but he loves it. He just laughs and laughs.

Griffin watches Levi so closely. Seven months has also brought along with it lots of fun with his brother!

14 Comments:

Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Feed the boy cupcakes :)

April 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM  
Anonymous Megan said...

My kids are 5 years apart but I love love LOVED when my boy finally got big enough to start interacting with his big sis.

April 26, 2012 at 4:11 AM  
Blogger Kara Janzen said...

Oh my goodness! I totally hear you on the wrestling part. It always seems like Braden is so rough with Luke but Luke usually just laughs and laughs and it's so hard to explain then that maybe Braden's being a bit too rough! Maybe there will be a chance for all our crazy boys to wrestle together at some point. :) So glad that Griffin is sleeping and eating better for you! I can't believe he is seven months already! Hope we can see you again next time we're in KS!

April 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Griffin is such a handsome little guy. I see so much of Cora & Levi!
I love seeing these monthly photo shoots. Boy will you treasure these in the years to come. :)

April 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I love how Levi is such sweet older brother, trying to help you make him smile and all :) so sweet! You are doing a wonderful job Mom, teaching boys to be sweet brothers!!

My favorite picture of the both of them is the last one, where Griffin is looking at his brother with such admiration.

Happy 7 months sweet Griffin!!!!!

Love from NC

April 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Margaret said...

Your boys are so cute, and I love seeing them grow up. I wish digital cameras and blogs were available when my kids were little. You are capturing so much of their personalities, like in the garden pictures. Iam sure it is somewhat bittersweet in making you miss Cora more.

The mom in me is coming out when I see that Griiffins crib mattress is up on the higher level. I worry that he will surprise you some day and I don't want him to take a tumble! But you are his Mom and you know what stage he is at, this is just a friendly note.

April 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger The Mershawn's said...

Your boys are so adorable. Griffin is such a little sweetie & that Levi cracks me up with just pictures! So, so fun...

April 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have been following your blog since sweet Cora became ill----via Kellys Korner. Prayed for your family many times. Love seeing the pictures of your handsome sons; they're both so precious. Greatly appreciate your great faith in both the difficult times and the happier ones. Thanks for sharing pics of these little cuties with us. Love to the Macs from a Grammy way down in Georgia!!!

April 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

what a little cutie pie!

April 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh my gosh! Look at how they look at each other. Their love is so evident. So sweet!

April 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Ceri said...

LOVE LOVE that last photo of the 2 of them looking at each other. Mr. Levi is sure looking like is Daddy these days too. :)

April 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger The Schilling's from Cimarron said...

Sooooooo sweet!!!!!
Made my whole day to check your blog and see these two cutie pies!!!!!:)
Thanks for the smiles today:)
Hugs to you all!:)

April 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I just found your blog & I have to say I am so encouraged by your 7 month post! I have a 5 month old who doesn't sleep so well and maybe 7 months will be a turning point for us too :) My daughter (2 years) always was such a sleepy head that this has been a source of frustration for me (new territory and all that I suppose). What you said at the end about extra sleep being great, "but most of all I am just thankful for you" has reminded me to enjoy every moment and be thankful for what I have been given so THANK YOU!
Love your blog by the way :)

May 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Such a cutie! Happy 7 months!

May 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home