The Macs

Friday, May 18, 2012

daddy's little shadow


He would go everywhere with his dad if he could. And I'm pretty sure he thinks that his presence is crucial to the operation of the farm. He was so excited this morning when daddy called and asked if he wanted to come plant soy beans with him. He even got to bring his lunch and eat in the tractor with daddy. Tractors make really good babysitters, you know. If only I could permanently park one in my yard...I might get a lot more done around here. :)

I am so thankful for the time Levi gets to spend with his daddy. I know they are creating memories together that he will never forget...and I know the time they spend together with play a huge part in shaping his character as a young man. My boys have a great role model. And a daddy who loves them so much. They've got it good. I've got it good too. A husband who calls and asks if his son can come work with him. A husband who loves spending time with his sons. I am so thankful for him.

Happy Friday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Crosby said...

so incredibly cute! levi is walking with such pride. pride that can only come from great parents building him and encouraging him the way yall seem to.

we have a 6 month old and it warms my heart to see my son and husband together. to me there is nothing sweeter.

May 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Auntie EM said...

It is so important for sons to have good roll models and a good father is the very best kind of roll model. My two-year-old grandson and my son are so in love with each other and you can see it in the way they play together. I think being daddy's little shadow is just so darn cute. Your husband to be a really good father and husband. I compliment both of you for being such good parents and raising another generation of good people.

May 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

My Ethan, aged 5, looked at the pic and said WOW!! MUM LOOK AT THAT AMAZING TRACTOR. That is what growing up in a City does. It makes tractors exciting. Lucky Levi. M x

May 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

Heart-warming... I know how Levi felt in this picture; I remember those days growing up so well. It makes me so proud for him, and for Joel, too.

As an adult, I see farmers planting, and I think to myself, "wow... what faith they have in our God, as they plant something in His Earth, and wait for it to grow, all the time praying for rain, and trusting that He will answer."

Levi is learning more than we can imagine as he shadows his daddy. Great picture... thanks for sharing! It's precious... :)

May 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I also live on a farm- my parent's farm in Oregon. My husband is working for them right now and has been for the past couple years. This is not where we thought we would be at this point (my hubby has a Masters in Engineering) but we are so happy and feel so blessed/lucky to be on the farm. My two year old LOVES helping Papa and Dada on the farm and I have similar photos of him next to the big tractors planting corn :) My second boy is due any day now. It will be fun to see if he enjoys farm life as much as his big brother!

May 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

This is beyond sweet! My little boy LOVES to help his Daddy as well....with basically anything my husband will let him! I love see them together doing "man things" as they call it!

May 19, 2012 at 5:43 AM  
Anonymous Carolyn Martin said...

I think you should email this picture to John Deere's headquarters. It should be on a billboard or something, it speaks a thousand words.
love watching these boys grow.
Carolyn Martin, friend of "The Dukes".

May 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

How special - I wish my son had that...

Sue X

May 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home