The Macs

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new years day

We spent New Years Day celebrating Christmas with my side of the family.

We went over in the morning for breakfast and got spoiled with so many presents.

 My mom made the mistake of letting the boys open these FIRST. It was like a repeat of last year with the foam bats. Once the Nerf guns came out, all present opening stopped.

 Certain people started running around the house and hiding. No one was safe.

 Levi even tried to help out. He was crawling around collecting all the darts.

 Owen was at a slight disadvantage with his torn ACL. Poor guy. There is no mercy in this family.

I had to sit by these two. Let's just say I was watching my back.

 Finally Ellie stood up and tried to put a stop to the shooting. She said it was time to open more presents. We went back to present opening, but I am pretty sure the shooting never stopped...for the ENTIRE day.

 We also celebrated my grandpa's birthday. Happy birthday grandpa!




 We had to keep the boys happy with graham crackers. It works every time.

 I don't know what is happening in this picture. It looks like Tripp is in trouble, but I don't think he was. He is looking so seriously at his dad in that goofy hat. Funny.


My sister got an old-school trapper keeper. Did you have one of these? I did in junior high. She was so excited. She is a major couponer and she is going to use it for coupons. So, if you see her in the store with that huge pink binder, don't bother her. She is serious about her coupons!

Levi got some great wooden blocks. So fun.

There were lots of cousin hugs throughout the day. Levi isn't so sure about them yet.


We tried so hard to get a cousin picture.

This is the best we could do.

And they were done.

What a wonderful Christmas we had. We are truly blessed. And what a gift to be able to celebrate with Levi this year. There were lots of memories made and now we are ready for a new year!

15 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! I am the first to leave a comment! I just want to say that seeing pictures of cutie pie Levi gives me baby fever! Love the pix and Happy New Year to you!

January 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Gabby Malcuit said...

Looks like a great day. Love the Trapper Keeper!

January 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a TRULY FABULOUSLY FUN way to ring in the New Year!

January 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Please tell me where you got that adorable blue sweater Levi is wearing. I want one so bad for my blue eyed babes. I am always on the hunt for that shade of blue.
Thanks ~Jessica

January 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Your parents home is just beautiful.

I had to take a good, long look at that hat. It looks like real hair!

January 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your family is beautiful, loved looking at all the pictures.

I want to hear how the binder goes for your sister... I'm a major couponer too. very serious business. I use envelopes for now. I just don't know if I can do the whole carry around a binder thing... maybe I'm not serious enough ;)

January 4, 2011 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Merrill said...

I love the very first picture of Levi. What a great picture!! Sound like you all had lots of fun, foam darts and all!

January 4, 2011 at 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, Levi looks so cute in his sweater in front of the tree! Happy new year!

January 4, 2011 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Happy New Year! Levi is getting so big, love the first pic with his blue sweater!! I do have a question...what kind of camera do you own, all your pictures are so PERFECT! Please let me know, I'm looking to buy a new one and would love some advice. Thank you!
You are truly blessed!

January 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

hahaha! The nerf gun play made me LOL!!! I love it.
Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas celebration!

So what do you do on Christmas Day? do you each celebrate just with your own family? I like this idea of a New Year's celebration.

January 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Your family looks like so much fun! Love the Broncos hat - my husband is a huge fan, I may have to find him one :)

January 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Beki - TheRustedChain said...

So cute!

Drew got 4 of those nerf guns for his birthday in December. Yeah, it's a full war over here.
By the way, if you get the ones with the suction cup darts, you can draw a bulls eye on a window with dry erase marker. Fun indoors in the middle of winter!

Can't wait to see the photos Ian took at Levi's birthday. He is so good.

January 5, 2011 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Better late than never, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

p.s. You two make beautiful babies!

January 6, 2011 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Miss G said...

Fun! I have that same wooden snowflake ornament over Levi's head in the first picture. I love it. I also really like the polka dot wrapping paper. Looks like y'all had a wild and crazy, fun time! Kelly

January 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger NicXOXO said...

Looks like fun! We have tons (and I do mean tons) of Nerf guns and bullets and have frequent wars. The smallest kids are the arms dealers just like Levi! For the non-mobile in our group, we let them set up a fort of sorts so they have some protection and the little arms dealers bring them the bullets they find on the floor. So many memories!

January 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home