The Macs

Saturday, January 1, 2011

christmas day

We were planning on spending Christmas day at home...just us.
But, my brother tore his ACL and so my parents cancelled their trip to Colorado.
That was a bummer for them and my brother who had to have surgery, 
but we were so glad to have them join us Christmas morning at our house.

Levi really was glad to see his Grammy.
He just wasn't too impressed with his first gift apparently.

They brought Levi his first ornament.
Another special ornament to add to our tree for next year.

Levi opened his presents from us next.
I hope he wasn't expecting lots of toys!

We decided to be very practical this year.

Graham crackers are Levi's favorite.

He was so excited to take his first bite.

We probably could have only given him graham crackers 
and he would have been happy.
He wouldn't let go of his cracker and opened the rest of his gifts with one hand.

His "big" gift was a new car seat.

He looks like such a big boy sitting in his new seat.

Joel was there too...
he was just busy unpacking Levi's first semi truck.
Thanks to our friend Al, Levi did get one fun toy!

This was Levi's Christmas Day loot.

I did a horrible job taking pictures on this day. Thanks to my mom we at least got these of Levi opening presents. My parents and brother spent the morning with us and we made a big breakfast. After they left all three of us took long afternoon naps. So nice. We went to my parents for dinner and to hang out in the evening. It was a wonderful, relaxing day.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Levi is so handsome! Practical is always good, especially at his age! Typically they love to play with anything & everything except the new present. lol
I love following your blog. This may be my first comment I've left...?
I hope you and your family have a Happy 2011!!!! :)

January 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

I love that your parents were able to be with you. I love when God works those details out... no matter what it takes ;-)
Seeing you guys celebrating with Levi this year brought tears to my eyes. I remember your pictures from last year's 'Christmas' post. I think you all played Rock Band or something like that. Your tummy was "great with child" and I remember thinking "I can't wait for next Christmas, when they get to celebrate with their new baby." and here you are. Already. Amazing how fast that year went by.

Levi's gifts were very practical and cute. I love it.
My 5 1/2 year old son got undies in his stocking from us :) I think kids like the practical as well as the extravagant. If they don't like it now, they'll learn to like it :)

Happy New Year, Macs!

January 1, 2011 at 3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you all did practical for Christmas. What a great idea! It just goes to show that simple (Graham Crackers) can be best.

January 1, 2011 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Jen Ekeland said...

I love Levi's smiles annd happiness...it makes me smile!

January 1, 2011 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have bought Britax for our kids' "next" carseat after their infant seat and we loove them! Happy New Year!

January 1, 2011 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We have a semi just like that at our house too. Glad you had a good Christmas! Happy New Year!

January 1, 2011 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Sher said...

Hello - I have been following your blog for 2 years. Your words are always so inspirational. Enjoy that first birthday tomorrow!

January 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Gabby Malcuit said...

I think the practical gifts are great, especially the graham crackers!

January 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Kiley said...

Wanted to send Levi a Very Happy 1st Birthday. Him and I share this very special day and I will never forget the anticipation of watching for his arrival. I remember how happy and excited I was to have my daughter after loosing my Anabelle. She has given us so much joy and love in our lives that I never thought would come again. I always say "Anabelle, thank you for the wonderful gift of Emma-James. You did a fantastic job picking out just the right sister/daughter for us." I am sure Cora had a huge play in just the right son/brother was for you guys. Happy Birthday little/big guy.

Your faithful follower

Kiley R.
Johnston, RI

January 1, 2011 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colt and Luke received semi trucks from Papa Al too! Dad had fun buying toys for the little boys in his world. :) We love seeing pics of Levi. He is so precious. Happy New Year and Happy 1st Birthday to Levi.

Lori Kruse Raile

January 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Mindy Harris said...

levi looks more like a big boy than the short while ago when i last saw him.
so cute...eee!
your Christmas sounds wonderful, especially the NAPS.
also, where's your headband from? love it.

January 1, 2011 at 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Levi today! I hope you guys are having a great day celebrating!!! Andi

January 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Sadie said...

I think it's awesome that you were practical. It's so hard to not fall into the worldly Christmas and want to go out and buy everything for your kids, when they have almost everything. I bet he LOVED his carseat! I know mine would!

January 3, 2011 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love love your headband in those pictures! Did you make it?

January 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home