The Macs

Monday, January 12, 2009

sick

Ear infection number three.  My baby is sick AGAIN.  She is so sad.  We had a rough weekend.  Especially the nights.  She would wake up screaming and just want you to stand and hold her (not sit and hold her).  Today has been much better.  I am praying that this is the last ear infection so that happy Cora can come back!

On top of the ear infections, Cora is also getting her two top teeth.  Poor baby.  Soon she will have some new pearly whites to add to this toothy grin.

We have been giving Cora LONG baths in the evenings.  They always make her happy.  I know she is too big for the sink, but our bathtub is "sick" too.  You can only turn the cold water on.  Fixing that is on the to-do list.  Cora doesn't seem to mind.  She loves when daddy gives her baths and sprays her with the sprayer.  One night I was giving her a bath and she kept reaching for the sprayer and saying da-da.  It was so cute.  It was like she was saying come-on mom, dad's baths are way more fun!

I love this picture.  I can just hear her:  Go away mom.  Can't you see I am busy taking a bath.

And this is a picture of the laundry I let pile up over Christmas.  When I went to do my first load I found out that our washing machine is "sick" too.  Actually, it is probably a goner.  We think the motor is dead.  So sad.  The funny thing is that our washing machine is only four years old and our dryer (which was given to us) is ancient and still plugging away.  I hauled all of this laundry over to my mom's house.  She was kind enough to help me get it all done.  Thanks mom!

Hopefully this is the end of the "sickness" at our house!

13 Comments:

Blogger The Boccias said...

First of all, Cora has the best cheeks ever! And I LOVE her bath pictures. Sorry that she's sick again. I know it's gotta be rough on you, too. Are you making a to-do list for Joel?

January 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger The Moffats said...

So bummed that you are still dealing with ear infections. UGH! Hope Cora feels better soon!! Your laundry piles look eerily (sp?) similar to mine...although I am jealous you are now caught up on yours (at least for a day or two)!

January 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

You must be exhausted!!
Hope all is better soon!

January 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Doug and Sarah said...

Oh it is so hard when your baby is sick and it seems ear infections are some of the worst "common" illnesses. Caden had many as an infant and my usually happy baby was always so miserbale. I hope Cora is feeling better! Cora's bath pictures are so ADORABLE. Hope you're loving staying home with your cutie pie, though we miss you at SC! ~Sarah

January 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger nate said...

hi guys. keeping you all and little Cora in prayer. love ya

January 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger meg duerksen said...

praying for you today.

January 23, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

we are praying for you and joel and little cora fervently.

January 23, 2009 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Praying for you all today.

January 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm praying for your family today Jess.

January 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Although you don't know me, I am Ori's "other" babysitter. I have been praying for your family and your beautiful daughter. I have told many people to look at pictures of your beautiful daughter, and pray for her. I will continue to pray for healing and strength for Cora, For strength for your family, and for God to hold you and your family closely over the coming days.

January 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Jess, I wanted to chime in with the masses to let you know that Tony and I are praying for you three often! May God meet you in each trying moment these days!

January 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Doug and Sarah said...

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers! We lift Cora and your whole family up to the Lord and ask His blessings, peace, and comfort to rain down on each of you.

January 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hey Joel and Jess--just wanted to let you know that Rob and I can't get your family off our minds. We're praying for little Cora and for you, too. Love you.

January 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home