The Macs

Monday, December 22, 2008

catching up

Too busy to blog last week.
Here is a glimpse of what we were up to:

I managed to get all the Christmas cards addressed and headed to the post office on a VERY cold and snowy day.

This is the ONE convenience we have living in the country.  We have a cute little post office right by our house and there is NEVER any lines to wait in.  I love it!

Cora had to get bundled up for our outings.  How do you like the black eye?  We aren't really sure where that came from!?

The presents are wrapped and under the tree.  I LOVE wrapping paper and ribbon.  Wrapping presents is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.  Weird, I know.

Cora got to open her first Christmas present at a Christmas party we went to.  Of course, I think she liked the paper more than the gift!

At our Christmas party we had a white elephant gift exchange.  Joel and I had fun digging through our basement to find the "perfect" gift.  You would be surprised to know what treasures we have.  I was disappointed not to get this beautiful wig.  Joel Smith is aging so nicely, don't you think?

No wig, but Joel did get this new outfit.  Nice!

We also hosted a Christmas party for our small group.  Another white elephant gift exchange AND an ugly sweater contest.  The best was a Christmas vest with a musical tie.  Even little Emry had a Christmas sweater.

Joel's sister was in the Homecoming Court.  She is the one in the pink dress on the left AND the new Miss Berean.  She looked beautiful!  My camera battery died, so this is the best picture I have.  Congratulations Ivy!

We had a Christmas gathering at Fred and Ruth's house on Saturday.  Here is Cora with all her cousins on Joel's side.  Man, it is hard to get little kids to all look the same direction for a picture.  They are a cute bunch though!

And in between all these events I have spent some time at the doctor's office.  My little girl is STILL not better.  She is using a breathing machine now, has had three shots, and started a new antibiotic.

Poor baby.  Poor tired mom and dad.  I am ready to have my happy little girl back.  Hopefully by Christmas.  That leaves only two days!!

4 Comments:

Blogger james said...

it's great to see your pictures, jess! i was thinking of you this morning actually as i wrapped gifts--wish you could give me some assistance. :-)

thanks for putting up pics of cora and the other little ones. they're all growing so fast.

December 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger The Boccias said...

OK--you've made me want to rewrap everything under our tree! I think next year I might have to make the effort to use some pretty ribbon instead of just sticking bows on all the presents. I'm so sorry that Cora isn't better yet. She's still adorable though! Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I, too, LOVE your present wrapping. I tried to use ribbon on Sharla and Sophie's presents but they look weird. :-)

Looks like you have had an eventful week. I can't believe little Cora isn't better yet and hope the breathing treatment works. I wanted to see a picture of you in an ugly Christmas sweater too. Also, your Christmas cards were absolutely adorable. It's hanging on the fridge. Ours will go out late--hopefully next Monday. Everything is addressed at least (WalMart is just being INCREDIBLY slow printing them; not that we sent them in last minute or anything. Ha).

Merry Christmas! Hope to see you sometime next week.

December 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Aaron and Shannon said...

Jess, we feel your pain with Cora not feeling well. Eli is on breathing treatments as well. Hope she starts to get better soon.

December 25, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home