The Macs

Thursday, November 25, 2010

a thankful heart

Today my heart is thankful...

For a sweet daughter who's short little life forever changed me.
Because of her I am clinging to Jesus in a way that I never have before.
My perspectives and priorities are changed and I am so grateful for that.
I am missing Cora so much today.

For a little boy who is full of life.
Because of him my days are filled with being a mom.
My house is noisy and busy...and I love that.
Levi is so fun and every day with him is a blessing.

For a husband who loves me unconditionally.
Because of him I can stay home with my babies - my dream job.
He makes me feel like an awesome mom and beautiful wife...
even on days that I am not.
I love raising a family and walking through life with Joel.

This week at Bible study I was really challenged by this:
How much do I enjoy God Himself apart from His blessing?

Wow. 
My life is full of blessings. 
I could go on and on about the many things I am thankful for. 
But, am I truly enjoying God Himself...apart from those blessings?
He has already given me more than I could have ever ask or imagine 
through the gift of His Son, Jesus. 
He has already met my greatest need. 
And I can be completely satisfied in Him. 

That is what I am most thankful for today. 
I am thankful that He is enough. 
I am thankful that He is all I need.

14 Comments:

Blogger The Moffats said...

Beautiful, Jess.

November 26, 2010 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

I'm thankful for the testimony of God's grace and mercy you live out very fresh and clearly. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Alissa said...

Loving this post...what an amazing thought. Thank you for writing. Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Such a beautiful post...so true. Hope your family has a wonderful weekend!

November 26, 2010 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Beautiful post.

November 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger The Mershawn's said...

That's so true & so great. Happy Thanksgiving to a sweet family...

November 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger jandkland said...

I rarely comment but frequently read your blog. You've faced the worst nightmare I can imagine, and yet you are still able to give thanks. I can't describe to you what a testimony that is. I'm grateful for all the "cancer parents" like you who have been to the valley of the shadow of death and still believe in a loving God. Cora is one of those kids who will always be in my heart.

--Kelley Land (Macon, GA)

November 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great reminder! Thank you!

November 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

AMEN!! happy thanksgiving!

November 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Lauren Thomas said...

So very well said! Sometimes I have to stop and remember that He is enough. Ok, a lot actually!

November 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you for these beautiful words and reminder. You always bring me back to what's important, worth focusing on, and just simply the truth.

November 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

I hope that your sweet family had a very Happy Thanksgiving. I love the pics of the kiddos next to each other. They always make me smile. Thank you for this post, and for a reminder that we all need.

Much love,
xo*tricia

November 27, 2010 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Wow, what Bible study is that from?

We are studying 1 Peter (a NavPress study) and while we have been learning a lot about suffering, our speaker spoke a couple weeks ago kind of along the same lines as that question you faced. She shared a quote that said, "I know You're all I have. But I don't know You well enough for You to be all I need." She asked us how often we thank God for who He is, rather than only the temporary blessings? Because if I'm only thanking Him for temporary blessings, I'm going to blame Him when times are bad.

That hit home! I forget so often that God is not synonymous with the blessings He's given me. He is so much more!! But so often I just thank Him for our health, our home and the many things He's given us- rather than His mercy, love and who He is.

Anyway, wanted to share that. :)

November 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Nan said...

I have no idea if you are familiar with Andrew Peterson (if you aren't I think you'll probably quickly buy as many of his songs as you can!) but this song made me think of y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtTa81LyuQM

December 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home