The Macs

Monday, May 17, 2010

the weekend

The weekend was busy.
Very busy.
My baby brother graduated from high school.
I can't believe he is all grown up.
He is ten years younger than me.
I was his second mama...
at least I thought I was when we were growing up.



Congratulations Owen!

We hung out with my family all day Saturday after Owen's graduation.
And then we left on a little road trip.
This time to see Joel's side of the family.

Joel's grandparents are celebrating their 60th anniversary.
And everyone was there on Sunday to help them celebrate.
Joel's family is huge.
I love that.
Look at all those people that are the result of Joel's grandparents.
So cool.

We got back late last night and we were exhausted.
I was hoping to sleep in and recover today,
but Levi had his 4 month appointment this morning.
So, off we went again.
Nothing like waking up early for shots after a crazy weekend.
Sorry Levi.
Everyone kept saying how huge Levi was this weekend.
And he is.
He weighed 19 pounds 6 ounces today.
That's my BIG boy.

Hope you have a great week!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Wow!! He IS a big boy! Kara is 19 months old and she's finally hitting the 25 pound mark. But, I know she's always been kind of small.

Congrats to your brother! What a handsome guy :) Looks like a fun weekend!

May 18, 2010 at 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your "baby" brother and Joel's grandparents, what a milestone! I love the pics and you are right Levi is a BIG boy. What a fun weekend ya'll had!
Take care!
God bless,
Krista from FLA
aka babykatesmom

May 18, 2010 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Candice said...

What an amaizing turnout. Congrats to your bro!

May 18, 2010 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Lots of congrats in order! What a wonderful family you have. :) Levi is adorable - and yes, a BIG boy! He weighs more than Avery (19lbs), and she just turned 1 on Tuesday! :) Have a great week! :)

May 18, 2010 at 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I love big babies! There's just so much more to squeeze.

Your brother is a cutie. If my daughter were a couple of years older I'd be asking if he'd like a blind date. ;)

May 18, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger The Schilling's from Cimarron said...

HEllo..... thank you sooo much for the baby announcement..... he is adorable! and what a chunkyyyyyy monkey....... how fun is that..... I bet you kiss those cheeks all the time! Hope all is well for you! We released balloons again this year at school and mine was a message to Cora......... Told her thank you for having such a sweet place in our hearts and that we miss her everyday! :)

love to you all!

AMIE

May 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your brothers have curly hair...wonder if Levi will follow suit.

What happy family events!

May 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

He is a big boy!! My little one is 4 months too and I thought he was HUGE at 17 lbs 8 oz, 28 inches long! Levi has Luke beat!! Way to go!

My husband is 14 years older than his brother, so he is only a junior in HS...your family looks much like his.

May 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Big babies are the best! :) And your's is ADORABLE!

May 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always loved big families too! Yay for a healthy lil man!!

May 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Lanea Tucker said...

Where did you put all that family when you went to Chambers?! I grew up just 15 miles West of Chambers, but now live in Wichita, so I know there are no motels close! :)Ben & I are the same age so I know Dale & Ruthie. (My aunt & uncle are Don & Gala.) I've been keeping up with your blog ever since I heard about Cora - I have to say - you are a blessing to me. I prayed for you while you were struggling with Cora's diagnosis & losing her and I have continued to pray for you when the Lord brought you & your family to my mind. Thank you for being so open & sharing your story.

May 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a sweet boy you have there!

May 23, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home