The Macs

Friday, May 7, 2010

the big race

Wow...I have been bad at keeping up on this blogging thing.
I have lots to tell you.
Like Levi and I have been busy getting in shape.
Or, I have been busy getting in shape.
Levi has just been along for the ride.
He looks cute with his rolls.
I don't so much.
But he is a great companion.
And Lucy comes along too.
Lucy is our dog.
She LOVES to go on walks.
She goes crazy whenever I pull out the stroller.
Lucy has been very happy that I am trying to get back into shape too.
The weather has been beautiful.
Except for the windy days.
Usually on the windy days we just stay inside.
Kansas wind is yucky.
I laughed when I saw these two pictures of Levi...

He was wearing the same sweatshirt in both of them.
And they were only taken about three weeks apart.
Look how much he grew!
Or maybe his sweatshirt just shrunk?!
Crazy boy.

*

Well, most of my motivation for getting back in shape was because 
I had some friends holding my accountable.
That was a good thing.
Because I am pretty sure I wouldn't have started running again on my own.
We all signed up to run a 5k.
I ran a 5k a few years ago.
Before my babies.
It was a little harder for me to get in shape this time.
I started running only four weeks before the race.
And I had lots of aches and pains.
I wasn't sure if I could run the whole thing.
But here is proof that I finished.
I am in the pink.
I was so proud of myself...
and all the girls who ran with me.
And here we all are after the race.
I am so thankful for these girls.
They are all so sweet.
And encouraging.
And they helped me get back in shape!
Now I just need something to motivate me to keep running...

22 Comments:

Blogger Elisa Seaba said...

Way to go girl!! The best motivation to keep running is to just sign up for another race :) (and then your hooked)

May 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Diana said...

WHAT rolls? I see no rolls! LOL! You look beautiful, Jess. =)

Here's your motivation.... think about Levi beginning to run.... LOL! You will have to be in shape to keep up with him pretty soon. ;)

He is so cute!!

{hugz} and blessings!

May 8, 2010 at 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Christina said...

That is so wonderful! That's what I need...friends to keep me accountable! That is definitely the way to go.
I loved your line about the rolls, although I agree with Diana-you are a lovely woman! We see ourselves with those crazy glasses, though, don't we? :)
As always, your little man is adorable.
Congratulations on your race...that is a great accomplishment!

May 8, 2010 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

good for you!! my baby is 19 months old and I know for sure I could not run a 5K right now.
The picture of Levi smiling with the hoodie on is SO darn cute. Wow. Adorable boy!

May 8, 2010 at 2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! great friends help keep us motivated :) Levi is growing so much...love the puppy,I bet Levi will love him when he gets a little bigger.

Kim

May 8, 2010 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I am so proud of you for doing this. I wish I was a friend who could motivate you to run instead of to eat more cupcakes. Ha!! :-)

May 8, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Marla Taviano said...

Woooohoooo!!! That's awesome! I've decided to get in shape too. I have that same stroller, and I pushed my 4-year-old around the block 5 times in it this morning. I have a loooong way to go before I can do a 5K.

May 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Way to go!!

Happy Mother's Day to you. =D

May 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw your group at the emma creek - a group of you walked by our truck when you pulled up and i recognized a bunch of you from grace!

May 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You're such a tiny little thing, I'm sure you've never had "rolls". Well maybe when you were pregnant.. Ha!

I'm so proud of you girls for doing this!

May 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

That is great!

I am running one in June... my first one. :/ I hope I can do it! Anyway, to keep motivated I am going to try to run one every month for a year starting next year! We'll see how it goes...

May 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Congrats on the 5K. My youngest just turned 3 and I know that I definitely am not in shape to run a 5K. Nowhere near! It must feel wonderful.

With love and prayers,
XO*Tricia

May 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great job! and I love the pictures of Levi and Lucy...that is cool you have a black lab two (I have two of them and they are my 'kids!') Mine love to get out there and run/walk/play too!

May 8, 2010 at 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you! One of my goals is to run a marathon, but like you, after two kids its hard to find motivation! You go girl!

May 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Congrats - Very exciting! You look great and Levi is just so much cuteness!

May 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger meg duerksen said...

it was AWESOME!!
you encouraged me with just a smile. :)

May 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Jenifer's Journey said...

Congrades girl on the 5k...and Levi is to cute

May 8, 2010 at 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Christina said...

I was just thinking about you...I hope your day tomorrow is a good one. Levi is so darling. I pray you are surrounded by and spend time with all those who love you the most, and who can celebrate the day with you, as well as remember. With joy amidst all the rest. :) I hope that came across the right way.

May 9, 2010 at 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SWEET MOMMA! You are in my thoughts and prayers...


Kim

May 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

WOW! Levi is getting so big. Been a while since I stopped by here and I had to giggle at the pics of him in the same top - amazing. He looks happy and healthy though and that's great. You're looking fantastic too, well done on working so hard at getting back into shape and running. I still have 5kgs of baby fat to lose and my son's nearly 6...

May 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger purejoy said...

i'm proud of you too!! yay for accountability partners! and levi is such a chunky little love! so adorable!

May 10, 2010 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Way to go!!! What a great accomplishment for you!

May 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home