The Macs

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

griffin {one month}

Let's go back a few weeks and pretend that my little Griffin is only one month old. Because really, one month is old enough. What is up with my baby already being six weeks old today?? I love how Griffin already seems like such a part of the family. I love that I can hardly remember what life was like without him. I love watching Levi's love for his baby brother grow. But seriously...this little guy needs to stop growing up so fast!


My mom is making Griffin a baby quilt. I was a little slow at ordering the fabric...it is so hard to choose! But the fabric is here and my mom has the quilt all cut out now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I also had a really hard time deciding how I wanted to take Griffin's monthly pictures. There are so many creative ideas out there! Can you tell that decision making is not one of my strengths?? Anyway, I pinned a few of my favorites on my Pinterest board...you can check them out here. I finally decided that it would be fun to take Griffin's pictures on the quilt my mom is making. I was inspired by these monthly pictures:

1 month        smCOR_0169

She is taking each monthly picture of her baby boy on a different quilt. So cute...I love that idea. Unfortunately I don't have that many quilts...wouldn't that be awesome to have twelve beautiful quilts?? Griffin's pictures will all be taken on the quilt Grammy is making...which will be awesome too. There is just one problem...the quilt isn't done and Griffin is already one month old. So, I had to be a little creative and lay all the fabric out to look "quilt-ish" for this first picture. Hopefully by month two the quilt will be done!




What do you think? Should Griffin's monthly pictures be taken in a onsie or just in his diaper? Guess what...I couldn't decide, so I just took them both ways. I can decide next month, right? :)


Here is baby brother at one month:

Sweet Griffin,

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't so sure about having a house full of boys. But now that you are here I can't imagine life any other way. You are such a sweet, laid back baby. I thought your big sister and brother were pretty easy babies, but you definitely win the prize. You eat well, sleep well, and hardly ever cry (that is changing a little at six weeks!). And just like your sister and brother you are gaining weight like a champ. I guess Mac babies have to be chunky! At one month you you weigh 11 pounds, 8 ounces. You are wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. Your big brother can hardly wait until you can wrestle with him...I am sure that will happen all too soon!

You have cracked one little smile at me and your daddy. We were laying in bed late one night and you were wide awake. I asked you if you were going to stay awake all night and you gave us a little smile. I can't wait to see you smile for the first time at your brother. He loves you and always wants to know where you are the minute he wakes up in the morning. I hope you guys will grow up to be best friends.

I can't believe how much you look like your big sissy at times. It catches me off guard. Of course you are fearfully and wonderfully made by God and completely unique. You are the only one like you. But, what a gift to see glimpses of your sister in you. She continues to be such a big part of our family...even in her little brother's life.


We love you so much Griffin! Now that you are here, my hands are always full and I am always busy and tired. I love it that way. What a privilege it is to be your mama. I can't imagine life without you...and I can't wait to see what you are doing next month!

Love, Mama

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable photo idea, and a beautiful tribute the first month of a beautiful boy!

November 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM  
Anonymous LauraD said...

How precious! I just know that quilt is going to be beautiful. I like both the pictures of him in a onesie and him in only a diaper. The only thing I would point out is that you can tell he has on a wet diaper because of the Pampers strip that turns green when there is pee. I think it's actually cute, but you might not want it in all the monthly pictures. Just a thought. I think your two boys are as handsome as they can be and I love reading your posts!

November 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger AllTheKingsBlessings said...

All your babies are absolutely beautiful. I love that God added a little "dash" of Cora in your boy! I love the quilt idea. I love him in a onesie and just in a diaper too. We get to see his darling rolls of baby chubbiness that way!

November 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eeeeeeeeeee! i really can't handle how beautiful your babies are! such pretty coloring...take them in diapee only. so we can see all the little rolls. hehe!

November 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Lori Mercer said...

LOVE what you are doing monthly with Griffin! I've been doing a very similar photo project with my niece this year (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150418061250657.623238.394906925656&type=3). Be sure to plan ahead when he starts wanting to sit instead of lie down for you! That's when it really becomes a challenge. I was hoping to get a year of laying down shots but after 6 months she said "No way!" Now we are to the 10th month and even sitting is becoming a challenge. My girl is on the go and wants to stand! Just something to think about as you plan ahead! :)

November 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM  
Anonymous This Farm Family's Life said...

What a gorgeous post!!! Love the quilt idea! I love your decorating style so I am following you on Pinterest now!!!

November 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Jess, he is SO cute!

November 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

He's so adorable!!
Can't believe it's been 6 weeks. Wow.

November 1, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous baby Griffin! Love your pictures how ever you take them.

November 1, 2011 at 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Natalie S said...

I like the pictures with just the diaper on...so cute to see his little chunky monkey body!

November 1, 2011 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

So sweet! He is precious and I love the idea of his monthly pictures. We've decided to do monthly pictures of Austin by a stuffed animal lion. =)

November 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I don't know you in real life:) but have seen pictures on your blog of you and your husband. Little Griffin looks just like his daddy!!! Will you call him Fin for a nickname?

November 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Toni :O) said...

Yay! Happy 1 month Birthday to your precious wee one! Love all the pictures, especially in a diaper-adorable!! The quilt will look beautiful I'm sure! God bless!

November 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Jess,
I love the colors of fabric for Griffins quilt. I wish I would have thought of those colors. I love them!! I like Griffins pictures with the onesis, because your eye is drawn to his face as well as the quilt.

November 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger L ~ S said...

Stinkin adorable!!! I do my photos in onsie and diaper...I like to see his rolls :p

November 2, 2011 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Oh my goodness...you have the most beautiful babies!! With or without his onesie...you can't go wrong either way. Griffin and Levi have such sturdy, little boy bodies...so fearfully and wonderfully made by God!!

November 2, 2011 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

All of your babies are absolutely beautiful!! With or without the onesie..you can't possibly go wrong either way. Levi and Griffin have such sturdy, little boy bodies...so fearfully and wonderfully made by God. By the way, I like the idea of ONE quilt..I think it shows how much they have grown to see them on the same one each time. And Griffin's quilt is going to be stunning!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful family with us.

November 2, 2011 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Brittny said...

What a sweet idea! I didn't do anything like this with my kiddos and wish I had. Your children are so beautiful! I love following your blog. I just started working on my first quilt and had the hardest time picking out fabrics. Where did you find those and how did you pick them?

November 2, 2011 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger Carly Winborne said...

with each post, this baby becomes more and more delicious! you have absolutely gorgeous children. love the improvised quilt, that's a fantastic idea!

PS: interesting, but not coincidental, i'm sure, the word verification on leaving this comment is "bless". i pray your day is certainly blessed.

November 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Aja said...

I love the quilt idea! And the fabrics you chose- it's going to be gorgeous! I vote diaper only so we can see his chubby rolls! I love those baby rolls :)

November 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger American Mamma said...

I love the idea of the photos on the quilt. I should have another baby so I can do that. I saw a great idea on Martha Stewart of dressing the baby in a size 12 mo onesie every month to see him grow into it.

November 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

My son is almost 23 months old, and every month on the 3rd, I've taken his picture (with a sign!). I love it, even though some months are harder than others to get a few good shots! It's worth it, and so much better than having the professional ones taken every 3 months as babies (did that, too, but they can't compare!). Life gets harder with 2 kids (so I've heard) so stick with it!

November 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Lane said...

He is precious!!! And I can't wait to see the quilt. Those are awesome fabrics!

November 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures make me want another baby!

November 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I took my first daughter's monthly pics on her quilt every month. I always put her feet at the very bottom so
We could see by looking at the squares how much she'd grown. It was nice to see her on the blanket she loved so much. She's 9 now and uses her blanket for her dolls now...

November 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Aubre Rice said...

I love the monthly pictures in the diaper.....you can't beat that beautiful baby skin! Love the quilt colors, I wish I was that crafty! Your letter to Griffin made me cry, beautiful. He is precious!

November 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger The Rodriguez Crew said...

I want to copy your whole quilt! Love it so much! (maybe you'll share the fabrics??) I'm up to (almost) month 6 in the white onesies, and I'm wishing i didn't have to buy more onesies now! I say diaper! :)

Such a fun post!

November 5, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Happy 1 month!!!

November 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Happiness Is... said...

I love that. I kind of like that the quilt isn't finished - after all, he is a beautiful work in progress! Kind of neat really :) It's a cool parallel to see the quilt develop with him.

November 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Analisa McCain said...

I found your monthly photos of your son on Pinterest and I LOVE them!! Do you happen to have a link for a printable for the monthly signs that you used for your technologically illiterate fans? :)

July 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home