The Macs

Monday, August 29, 2011

over the weekend...

...I took a little road trip.

My friend Julie and I drove to Kansas City to visit Mandy, a dear friend from college.

 Mandy just had her first baby...a sweet little girl. We spent lots of time cuddling precious Addy and I started getting very excited about soon having a newborn to cuddle of my own.

 Mandy is a natural with Addy. It was so fun to see her in her new role as mama.

Congratulations Tim and Mandy! It was so great to see you and meet your beautiful daughter.

* * * * * * * * *

...I chose a winner.




Blogger stacyaj01 said...




my little man who is 15 months. I feel like you did with cora, all my pictures need to be perfect. So silly! I love your blog..i have so much to learn form you:)
August 25, 2011 4:41 PM

Congratulations Stacy! I am so glad that you will have the opportunity to take the online SnapShop course. You are going to LOVE it! Please send me your e-mail and I will pass it on to Ashley.


Tapelogo


If you are interested in taking the SnapShop course there is still time. Registration for the September SnapShop is open until the end of the week. Click here for details and to register.

* * * * * * * * * 


...I heard this.

Our sermon on Sunday was entitled Fight the Good Fight of the Faith based off of 1 Timothy 6:12. I was so challenged. One thing that really stuck with me was this point:

It's a Fight to Develop Your Faith

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5

Our pastor said that we have to take intentional action to develop our faith.

Jesus said, "
I am the vine (I'm God); you are the branches (you're NOT)".
Apart from Christ I can do NOTHING.
In Christ I am productive and will bear fruit.

The evil one (Satan) wants to disconnect me.
The Holy Spirit wants to connect me.
How well connected am I?

This part of the sermon reminded me so much of why I did the 30-day challenge. My time with the Lord needs to be the priority of my day...everyday. I need to stay connected to Him.

So this week I am thinking on that.
Here is the link in case you want to listen too:

Fight the Good Fight of Faith

Have a great Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I didn't even know Mandy was pregnant! I'm so behind! You three (four including Laura) have always been the sweetest group of friend. So fun to see you together again!

August 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger The Moffats said...

ohhhhh man :( wish i could have been there!! i love the picture of you three with Addy. soooo stinking precious. yeah for newborns, yeah for friends, yeah for your adorable belly about to pop with another one! BOOOO for living so far away.

August 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous cyberbasecenon said...

Thhanks for this

August 16, 2023 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home