The Macs

Friday, July 30, 2010

friday randomness

We've been doing some painting around here.

I have wanted to repaint my dining room and living room a lighter color for awhile.
Joel would tell you that the color is boring,
but I love how it turned out.
(He will love it eventually too!)

My brother-in-law, James, came over yesterday to help me.
We finished the whole dining room in the morning.
We are going to tackle the living room next week.

Levi was very cooperative and slept through almost the whole thing.
He woke up when we were painting the last wall.

He was happy to just watch his Uncle James paint.
I think we are getting these projects done just in time.
Before I know it little Levi is going to be mobile.
I don't think he will just nicely sit in the middle of a mess for very much longer.

Last night we were with Joel's family for a birthday party.
Levi's boy cousins have really cool toys.
Like tractors you can ride on.

We were celebrating Heath's first birthday.
Happy Birthday sweet boy!

During the party the rest of the cousins 
were working on a little surprise for Uncle Joel...
who is turning the big 3-0 today.
Henry has an ongoing joke with Joel.
It involves mustard.

These kids were pretty proud of their mustard message 
they left Joel on our car for his birthday.

We are celebrating Joel's birthday next week.
I am busy planning a party for him,
which is why I felt the need to get some painting done.
Parties always help with getting the undone projects finished, don't they?

* * * * * * * * *

This weekend check out Project Pillowcase. Cheryl is looking for people to join her in making dresses for children in Cebu, Philippines. Can you help?

11 Comments:

Blogger purejoy said...

love the mustard message!! so fun. and that little levi is so cute. and you're right. he doesn't look like he's going to be happy sitting still for much longer. such a big boy!

July 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Karina said...

Great minds think alike...I just finished a paint job too (well, priming anyway, on the garage stairs)! Because, of course, I am supposed to be packing for a week at the cottage, and there is no time like that to start a project, LOL! (Can you say "avoidance?") Looking forward to pictures of your finished rooms!! (Before your chunky monkey becomes mobile enough to colour on those freshly painted walls!)

July 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Shosh said...

that brown color you are painting over is exactly the color im looking for for my living room! do you remember the name of it??

I totally hear the painting in preparation for a party thing. Im due in 3 weeks with my 4th...so of course i decided to repaint NOW. (well, not me...but a painter). I think im a little crazy but my white walls are making me crazy!

July 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger nichole said...

I just started following your blog after seeing you on several friends blog pages. Your testimony is amazing and I am encouraged to find another sister! Your strength and endurance is admirable for sure! thanks for having me!

pokadotports@blogspot.com

July 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Selina said...

Mustard on the car?! Happy Birthday to Joel.

July 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Canada said...

WOW Levi REALLY looks like his big sister in the pic of him looking up, arms stretched out, wearing the brown alligator onesy. Your children are the sweetest baby chubs ever! I just love his rolls!
It must be a joy to see your precious Cora in her wee brother..as well as sadness.
I never read your blog without thinking of sweet little Cora.
Blessings
Kimberly in Canada

July 30, 2010 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

How funny....I was just doing the same exact thing. Well not taking pictures of that scrumptious little boy....but lightening up some of the walls in our house.

Love your paint!

July 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

What fun! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. You're right, though. When they are not mobile is definitely the time to get it done. ;)

With love and prayers,
XO*tricia

July 31, 2010 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Definitely should post some before and afters of your newly painted rooms =) Levi is so adorable, what a blessing!

August 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great - are you a Nikon or Canon person?

August 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also very interested in your paint color. You have such great taste!! :)

August 11, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home